beauty

beauty

Sunday, July 24, 2011

White Water Rafting

My white water rafting experience, by Michelle D’Andrea.
How do I come across fairly to all my students?  Some of my students require more attention than others.  Some students need the extra help with their homework, classroom activities, and lab assistance when performing a welding task.  How am I able to accommodate all my students in a fair manor?   There are a couple of students in my class that have learning disabilities and need me to help with reading the assignments to them and explaining in detail the chapter review questions.  This has brought some questions to me as to why I help other students in depth more than others.   What is a professional way of explaining to other students why my actions are different to each individual?  I need to answer in a professional manor and keep my students with disabilities confidential?  

2 comments:

  1. I can remember being in several classes and seeing students who needed more assitance than others. I think some students struggle more but atleast they are brave enough to ask for help in understanding the material. From the teaching stand point, I rather have a student come to me and ask for help in understanding something rather then them go on having no idea what he or she is doing with an assignment. It is my job to make sure they are understanding what is being taught so I will make myself available to help any student with any material being taught.
    Rebecca Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried to share the different learning styles that exist and therefore, the reasons why you approach each person as uniquely as possible to ensure learning outcomes are met?

    ReplyDelete